July 30, 2014, 06:11:22 PM

Author Topic: Hello from the UK  (Read 2880 times)

dmcs66

• The Inner Sanctum
  • Soph-isticated
  • Daisy -The Perpetually Cool Dog
Re: Hello from the UK
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »
Hello, Welcome!!!  I am Donna and I am from U.S.
I have not seen any of "Spook", yet.
I Look forward to watching it now, even if the US Public TV broadcast is behind.

I agree Sophia was fantastic in Tristan and Isolde. 

sojaney

• Guest House Paradiso
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 08:01:46 PM »
Thanks again for my welcome, there is a wide range of nationalities here thats fantastic  ;D Its nice to meet you all.

Mia nice to speak to a fellow Spook fan, pleased to meet you, i was wondering which other cast members the writers would get as it appeared a bit sparce at the end of the last series, everyone being killed off.  :o Its good they have got a great cast this series, Sophia being one of them, she's a brilliant actress i think she will be a huge asset to the series. Can't wait to see it.

Mia

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
    • http://www.sophiamyles.org
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »
The grid started to be nearly empty!! I did a Spooks marathon earlier this year because I received the DVDs of the recent seasons to complete my collection (I re-watched Season 1-8 within 1 month) and I was taken aback by how busy the grid and the meetings used to be. People we didn't know were all sitting around the table during meetings and lots of extras in addition to the main cast were busy around the grid. It'll be nice to see new faces and the new cast sounds terrific, most of all Sophia hehe ;) - well, apart from Laila but maybe she'll surprise us all!

Natalie

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
    • Aliona Vilani Online
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 09:49:36 AM »
the only part of spooks i've watched was the spin off Spooks Code 9 that was set in 2012 - i did really enjoy that and was going to start watching spooks but thought that it was something that you really need to watch from the start - but if they are killing everyone off i suppose this series is the one to start watching ;)

Mia

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 10:04:17 AM »
Code 9 is not deserving of the name Spooks IMO but I did sit through the whole thing nevertheless ;)

Yes, you're perfectly ok starting watching this series. In case you want to catch up on Richard Armitage's character you could always catch up on series 7&8 hehe

Natalie

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
    • Aliona Vilani Online
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 10:08:33 AM »
hehe - i had heard that Mia lol - i suppose i don't have anything to really compare it too though so for me it wasn't that bad lol

kpg

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 11:05:29 PM »
Hi sojaney - welcome!  I'm a big fan of Spooks too and Soph's goint to be a great addition to the team.

Mia

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 11:07:41 PM »
Good to know kpg :D

sojaney

• Guest House Paradiso
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
I thought the grid was becoming very sparce too Mia, i was thinking it was maybe the cuts the home secretary was making to save money or something  ;) i remembered there being lots of other people milling around the offices too in the beginning.

Its nice to meet everyone else too, thanks for making me welcome.  ;D 

I think you'd be ok to start watching it now Jelly_head91, the only characters that have 'history' now are Harry and Ruth who got a bit close a few series ago, Ruth had to 'disappear' came back last series and now we all hope they get back together. And the other character is Lucas who was in a Russian prison for 8 years before being released. He was tortured and his torturer re-appeared in the last series to torment Lucas but he ended being arrested. Apart from that i think all the other characters will be new. They are repeating the whole lot from series 1 on Watch, series 3 is on tonight, thats the one with Rupert Penry-Jones.

Luna

• The Inner Sanctum
  • Soph-isticated
  • *shrug* Karma.
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 10:06:08 PM »
Welcome welcome welcome, sojaney! I am not from the UK! Lol...I'm from California. Glad to have you here! Excited to be getting more fans ;D