April 16, 2014, 05:14:06 AM

Author Topic: Episode 7 (may include **Spoilers**)  (Read 2927 times)

Mia

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 48
  • -Receive: 44
  • Awards For those who completed the 2013 Easter Egg Hunt For those who participated in the Christmas Challenge Participated in Challenge #4 Participated in Challenge #5
    • http://www.sophiamyles.org
    • Awards
Episode 7 (may include **Spoilers**)
« on: October 14, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »
November 1, 2010 at 9pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2010/wk44/mon.shtml#mon_spooks

Ruth Evershed is approached by official council snooper Keith Deery, who claims to have uncovered covert activity, as the spy drama continues. While following a woman under surveillance for minor offences, he witnesses a "dead drop" message left on a park bench, but Ruth brushes off his claims as nonsense.

However, Ruth later discovers that Deery has applied to MI5 four times but was rejected due to mental instability following his wife's death. Having recently been reminded of the life she left behind in Greece, Ruth is empathetic to his circumstances and starts to question her original dismissiveness. Her Section D colleague, Dimitri, advises her to trust her instincts and follow up the potential lead.

Ruth heads to Deery's flat as Dimitri is sent to look into the death of a Mafia leader whose body has been uncovered on a boat on the Thames. Arriving at Deery's seemingly empty flat, Ruth is greeted by Gilles Rigaut, ex-French Foreign Legion and known contract killer. Rigaut is interrogating Deery and viciously attacks Ruth to discover what she knows.

As Dimitri pieces the complicated jigsaw together he realises that Ruth has become embroiled in something very dangerous and the team quickly rush to her aid. However, at Deery's flat things are already out of hand and untrained Deery is forced into a terrifying decision when Ruth's life is put in jeopardy.

Elsewhere, Lucas North's past finally comes crashing down on him as he comes face to face with Harry Pearce in a confrontation that will change Section D for ever.

Ruth Evershed is played by Nicola Walker, Keith Deery by Trevor Cooper, Dimitri Levendis by Max Brown, Gilles Rigaut by Dave Legeano, Lucas North by Richard Armitage and Harry Pearce by Peter Firth.

Again, this seems to be a non Beth-centric episode :'(

Felicia

• Global Moderator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 102
  • Two words...Krispy Kreme
  • Awards For those who completed the 2013 Easter Egg Hunt For those who participated in the Christmas Challenge Participated in Challenge #5 First Place in Challenge #5
    • Awards
Re: Episode 7 (may include **Spoilers**)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »
Well shoot. No mention of Beth, darn it!

Hope Sophia's part is HUGE in Episode 8!!

Natalie

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 137
  • Awards For those who participated in the Christmas Challenge Participated in Challenge #4 Participated in Challenge #5 First Place in Challenge #5
    • Aliona Vilani Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
I'm not liking this lack of Beth!!! 

Gotta be a Beth episode for the finale!! hahahaa

Mia

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
  • Awards For those who completed the 2013 Easter Egg Hunt For those who participated in the Christmas Challenge Participated in Challenge #4 Participated in Challenge #5
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »
I think she'll be more in the background like Dimitri first was and now he gets more to do. The rest of the time it seems to be all about Lucas and his mysterious past ???

Keeping fingers crossed for the finale and/or definitely next year - series 10 has been/will be commissioned according to many reports. Some were told on set visits and also just recently I read something about it online somewhere but con't remember where.

Felicia

• Global Moderator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
  • Awards For those who completed the 2013 Easter Egg Hunt For those who participated in the Christmas Challenge Participated in Challenge #5 First Place in Challenge #5
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »
What's the matter with these people, anyway?  EVERY episode should feature Beth!

Beth's the most interesting character on the show, and after Sophia's fabulous performance in last week's episode...

Yep,I'm definately in one of those moods today, guys. ;)

Natalie

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
  • Awards For those who participated in the Christmas Challenge Participated in Challenge #4 Participated in Challenge #5 First Place in Challenge #5
    • Aliona Vilani Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 03:37:26 PM »
Well as long as Beth is the main person next series .... ;)

I do like Dimitri and he and Beth seem to have a few decent scenes together in the past so hopefully it'll be the same ... :P

I agree with Fee though .... we should so run this show hahaha

Felicia

• Global Moderator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »
Keeping fingers crossed for the finale and/or definitely next year - series 10 has been/will be commissioned according to many reports. Some were told on set visits and also just recently I read something about it online somewhere but con't remember where.

Fingers are crossed and I'm praying just as hard as I can, Mia!! :)

I just wish the seasons were longer that 8 episodes. :(

I agree with Fee though .... we should so run this show hahaha

Agreed, Nat!  OMG, we could handle it sooo much better, couldn't we?

Sophia front and center every episode!! :D :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:59:09 PM by Felicia »

Natalie

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Aliona Vilani Online
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 03:43:08 PM »
Maybe just her own spin off ... Beth Bailey ... LMAO!

Felicia

• Global Moderator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
You laugh...I think it's a brilliant idea!!! :D 8) :D

Mia

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
Hahah most definitely!!! We'd know what to do with a fabulous character such as Beth and a brilliant actress playing her :D I'm for more Beth (and general team interaction) and less Maya & Vaughn. That storyline is just too confusing and takes up quite some screentime (I feel) without (yet) leading anywhere.

Apart from the upcoming lack of Sophia (also in ep3) I have no complaints though. While I don't warm to the Maya storyline it's still miles better than last year's Sarah Caulfield episode. Also I've so far loved the plot each week. Loads of clever stuff! I'm really loving it a lot! Also team interaction is better than last year :)

Even though we're only half-way through and we still have as many episodes as we've had I start feeling sad of having to say goodbye :'( Why couldn't they have gone back to 10 episodes per series??

Natalie

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Aliona Vilani Online
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »
In all honesty i agree totally with you Mia! Lucas is off isn't he so maybe its time for another blonde to be in charge .... ;)

Felicia

• Global Moderator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
I agree, Mia.  I just can't get into the Maya/Vaughn storyline.  I want more action!  Plus it does take away from other characters' airtime. *cough* BETH *cough*

As for being half-way through - I'm already feeling the pain of withdrawl nipping at my heels. :'( :'(

Natalie

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Aliona Vilani Online
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
no don't talk about it ... it will make me cry :'(

Mia

• Administrator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 02:36:49 AM »
Loved the episode. A few moments more with Beth how she's taking the whole Lucas/John thing would have been nice... Anyway, the Lucas story is making much more sense now. I think all the spying and pretending has really twisted his mind and that he really did believe his own story - the more redemptive one - as Vaughn suggested.

Felicia

• Global Moderator
  • Soph-isticated
  • Thank You
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 05:56:17 AM »
Wow, talk about an episode to blow your mind!!  This is why I love this show!! 8)

I still wish Sophia had been on more.  Good grief, If they'd given her any less to do she wouldn't have been on at all. :(